ATCHLEY AIR FURNACE MAINTENANCE
Let Us Help You Get Peace of Mind and Comfort in Your Home.
It’s not just air conditioners that suffer from a lack of routine maintenance. Did you know that a neglected furnace can emit carbon monoxide? Hundreds die every year from this deadly gas, and even more get sick because of it. The primary cause of excessive carbon monoxide in a furnace is the build-up of rust inside the unit.
Allowing your furnace to rest unused for six to eight months before running it on full demand can cause damage over time. To prolong the life of your system, perform a full system maintenance before you turn on the furnace for the first time. This regular maintenance and pre-season test reduces the likelihood of system breakdowns throughout the winter season.
Atchley Air specializes in these kinds of heating maintenances, with experience working on all heating systems. Whether you’re home heats itself with a forced air system or through oil or water radiators, we’ve got you covered.
Heating Tune-Up Checklist:
- Thermostat inspection
- Electrical system inspection
- Heat exchanger inspection
- Burner cleaning
- Flame sensor test and clean
- Pressure switch inspection
- Testing of all safety switches and controls
- Testing of induction fan motor
- Carbon Monoxide test
- Gas pressure adjustment if needed
- Testing for gas leaks
- Testing of capacitor
- Testing of motor bearings
- Testing of motor amperage
Longevity and Efficiency
Most HVAC and heating systems are guaranteed to last for 10 years. With proper care and maintenance, yours can last for far longer without substantial losses in efficiency. One of the biggest dangers for your system is the buildup of dust and dirt. Regular maintenance not only clears the filter and heating coil of dust, but a quick inspection of your ventilation ducts will reveal whether or not they need to be cleaned as well.
Dust buildup will, over time, restrict the airflow in your home. A dirty filter or ventilation duct will cause airflow problems, which leaves your furnace straining to force air through its system. This lowers the general efficiency of the unit and reduces its lifespan by forcing it to work harder. When you have a clean filter and air vents, however, your system and work freely. You also get the added benefit of less dust and allergens being blown around in your home.
As a Club Member, you are guaranteed demand service appointments in 24 hours, FREE preventive maintenance, a 15% discount on repairs and a 5% discount on equipment & accessories.
- 2 Preventive Maintenance Visits each year
- Emergency Service, 24 hours a day
- Guaranteed Repair Service within 24 hours
- Priority Scheduling – when it’s 105˚ outside and the phones are ringing off the hook, you take priority over non-Club Members
- 15% discount on all repair parts, diagnostic fees, and overtime charges
- 5% discount on equipment and accessories